If a household natural gas detector indicates a potential gas leak, it’s crucial to take immediate action to ensure the safety of occupants. Here are the steps to follow:
Evacuate the Area:
Leave the premises immediately. Do not use any electrical devices, including light switches, as they could ignite the gas.
Do Not Use Electronic Devices:
Avoid using any electronic devices, including phones, as they can create sparks.
Do Not Turn On or Off Any Appliances:
Refrain from turning on or off any appliances, including lights or stoves. These actions can cause sparks and ignite the gas.
Do Not Use Flames:
Do not light matches or use any open flames. This includes candles and cigarettes, as they pose a fire risk.
Leave Doors and Windows Open:
As you exit the premises, leave doors and windows open to allow the gas to disperse.
Do Not Investigate the Source:
Do not attempt to locate the source of the leak. Leave that to trained professionals.
Call Emergency Services:
From a safe location, call the emergency services in your area (such as 911) to report the gas leak. Provide them with your location and any relevant information.
Contact the Gas Company:
Contact your gas company’s emergency line to report the leak. They will dispatch professionals to address the issue.
Do Not Return Until Cleared:
Do not re-enter the premises until it has been deemed safe by emergency services or the gas company.
Seek Medical Attention if Necessary:
If anyone experiences symptoms of gas exposure, such as dizziness, nausea, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
Remember, gas leaks can be extremely dangerous, and swift action is crucial to prevent accidents or injuries. Always prioritize your safety and the safety of others in such situations.
Please contact us for free quotation by form below. We promise the quickest response within 24 hours: